CNC Policy Statement
As Christian nudists, we are first and foremost Christians! We hold to the values and moral standards revealed in God's Word. We also believe in standards of Conduct that will allow us to represent Christ well to others both inside and outside the household of faith.
The CNC leadership is committed to the pursuit of naturism that is in complete harmony with God's standards of righteousness. Furthermore, Christian Naturism as a movement is striving to create and maintain a reputation that is above reproach in matters of moral conduct. We therefore present the following policy statement which will be the standard for behavior at all CNC events.
Attendance at any CNC event indicates agreement to abide by these standards.
In John 17: 21 (NIV), Jesus prayed for all believers down through the ages, "...that all of them may be one, Father, just as you are in me and I am in you. May they also be in us so that the world may believe that you have sent me."
CNC events seek to emphasize our unity as followers of Christ rather than our diversities. Therefore we ask that all who attend refrain from any contentious discussions of differing theology or Christian practices. Rather, we ask you to focus on encouraging each other's personal relationship with God and our growth in Him.
Since Jesus tied our unity as believers to the credibility of the Gospel, we ask that we all focus on the unity of believers rather than the preaching to unbelievers. We must refrain from agressive attempts at evangelizing others in attendance at the resorts, remembering that we too are only guests. We will not be distributing tracts or other Christian literature. Feel free to share your life and faith with others in natural conversation, but only with those who are interested and receptive.
"Whether you eat or drink or whatever you do, do all to the glory of God." - I Corinthians 10:31 (NIV)
In keeping with the above command from Scripture, we ask that all those that attend the CNC events:
- Promote unity and understanding among all followers of Christ.
- Seek to promote and exhibit the fruit of the Spirit at all times: Love, Joy, Peace, Patience, Kindness, Goodness, Faithfulness, Gentleness, and Self-control.
- Treat others with courtesy and respect at all times.
- Refrain from the use of profanity of any sort.
- Refrain from the use of any illegal drugs.
- Refrain from excessive use of alcohol.
- Refrain from any inappropriate sexual conduct (specified below).
There is much confusion in our culture and especially within Christendom regarding the nature and morality of nudity. Many believe that nudity and sexual misconduct go hand in hand. However, we strongly affirm that nudism is not about sex. Futhermore, because of the prevalent misunderstanding regarding the relationship between nudity and sex, it is especially important that we take a very firm stance regarding sexual conduct at all CNC events. This is important for those who attend our events and for those who would question our motives for embracing nudism. This is our stance:
- Sexual expression between married couples is private and not for public display. Couples are asked to limit themselves to simple expressions of affection when in public.
- Sexual activity between unmarried couples is contrary to God's Word and will not be condoned by CNC.
- Suggestive comments, innuendoes and jokes are contrary to our ideals and are not appropriate.
- "Swinging" is against God's moral law and will not be tolerated.
- Adults are not to spend time alone with children that are not their own except by the express permission of the parents/guardians.
Violations of the standards of sexual conduct will be considered by a committee of the CNC leadership team and the resort owners in order to determine an appropriate response. Action will only be taken when violations can be affirmed by 2 or more witnesses. Zero-tolerance will be the guiding standard for our decisions. Any suspected violations of these standards are to be reported to the CNC event leadership team for review and/or action.
It is our hope and prayer that all who attend the CNC events will exhibit the Character of Christ in all circumstances. We trust that our collective agreement to support this policy statement will ensure that everyone in attendance will have a positive and God honoring experience at the gathering. We thank you in advance for your cooperation.